“The Ultimate Race” to join the 2019 Dakar Series Merzouga Rally
Contested from 31 March to 5 April 2019, edition 10 of the Dakar Series Merzouga Rally will also serve as the venue for “The Ultimate Race”. It is in fact the ultimate event of the “KTM Adventures Rallies”. This four-continent, six-race programme brings together enthusiasts of the brand. The riders, who have qualified for this grand finale, will fight it out aboard the Austrian constructor’s latest off-road bike, the KTM 790 Adventure R.
- The 2019 Merzouga Rally will be “The Ultimate Race”, the grand finale of the “KTM Adventure Rallies”
- The KTM Adventures Rallies brings together enthusiasts of the brand for the six rounds contested on four continents.
- The finalists will fight it out on matching KTM 790 Adventure R on a specific course.
- The Merzouga Rally serves as a springboard to bike and quad riders as well as Side by Side crews to eventually compete in the Dakar.
- Sharing sporting values and the thrill of adventure, KTM is now a Merzouga Rally partner through this collaboration.
KTM enthusiasts can’t ask for more! The Austrian brand recently began a six-race, world-wide programme. The KTM Adventures Rallies are run through some of the most spectacular scenery in the world. These rallies are held on four continents from Europe (Italy), to Oceania (Australia and New Zealand), Africa (South Africa) and North America (The United States and Canada).
At the conclusion of each rally, the best two riders are selected for the grand finale, “The Ultimate Race”, which will run in conjunction with the Merzouga Rally from 31 March to 5 April 2019. The 12 top riders from the programme will fight it out aboard the KTM 790 Adventure R and will have the opportunity to discover this very demanding rally held every year in the Moroccan dunes.
Share the experience and get a taste of adventure
To get adapted to the KTM 790 Adventure R, the event will be run on a specific course. The riders will also have all of the expertise of the KTM team, which has won the Dakar for the past 17 straight years, at their disposal. The participants will enjoy full-service assistance and advice to better battle through the dunes or perfect their navigation skills.
Rally-raid industry leader, KTM shows with this initiative its attachment to sharing its experience to all of its fans. This taste for adventure and constant will to push one’s limits, which is dear to the Austrian firm, is also found in the DNA of the Merzouga Rally. For its 10th edition, the event will remain faithful to its first vocation of allowing amateurs of the sport to train and gain experience with the idea of one day competing in the Dakar.
More info: http://www.ktm-adventure-rally.com/