Kalahari Rally 2018 : 13-19 October
Start & Finish: Mafi keng, North West Province, South Africa (300km from Johannesburg) | Stages: 6 | Distance: 2600 - 2800 km
On our way back from a previous rally in 2014, the idea was planted by a great friend with a true passion for rally. We knew it was time for South Africa to host an International format. Cross Country Rally Raid with International standards. South Africa produces some of the most successful and competitive rally cars, bikes & quads with small budgets in comparison to the world rally community.
Therefore it makes sense that South Africa moves to the next level of Rally by hosting an international format rally. Southern Africa boasts some of the best rally terrain in the world. With that in mind, we hereby announce the inaugural multi-stage cross country rally raid, the South Africa KALAHARI RALLY.
It will be hosted in the North West part of South Africa, only 25km from the Botswana border, and in the southern part of the Kalahari Desert. The rally has a medium term strategy to eventually be a multi-country rally. We look forward to welcoming you to the inaugural KALAHARI RALLY, South Africa.
- Rally: 450 & Open
- Rally: Malle Moto
- Rally: Over 50 & Over 60
- Adventure Class (On GPS Navigation ONLY)
- Quads: Open
- Quads: Over 50
- Cars: FIA/T(Max 5.0L)
- Cars: Production (Max V6)
- Buggies: Open
- SXS: Open
The Kalahari Rally has all the usual Classes, however, we have also included an Adventure Category for the Adventure Rider to experience the rally in its entirety with all the safety, support and its luxury with GPS Navigation and the freedom to experience the full route without racing.
- Association since 2003)
- Over 16 Rallies & WRC Rallies Tracking & Timing a year:
- Real Time Tracking
- Safety Beacon
- Live Stage Results
- Rally Replay…Relive your Stages on live tracking
- Medical Co Ordination recovery centre
- Vehicle Recovery back to Bivouac
- Internationally qualified officals
The KALAHARI RALLY wil have 3 bivouacs:
- Hot water showers, ablusions (no porta potties) with full camping facilties.
- Full catering: Breakfast, Lunch Meal (not a pack) & Dinner.
- 24hr coffee station.
- All Bivouacs have the option of B&B for those who prefer a more comfortable type of rally.
- Medical Centre.
- Stages vary from sand, riverbeds, mountains, hard pack to very technical navigation.
- The Stages will have bottled water at start and end of each Special.
- All Specials will be pre run by 2 to 3 different teams.
- A separate Pre Run team will be 2 Stages ahead of the rally to ensure further safety and accurate road books.
- Podium medals at the Finsh arch.
- Fully catered awards ceremony.
- Good old traditional South African food & hospitality.
Garth Tel: +27 (0) 83 732 5566 | Mike Tel: +27 (0)73 751 7191
European competitors wanting to compete overseas have to arrange travel, shipping, logistics and so much more. To make your life easier, Kalahari Rally organisers have put together an affordable complete shipping and travel logistics package directly from Europe to the rally. Flight to Johannesburg, transfers of competitor and equipment directly to the rally bivouac, and flight back to Europe as well as providing basic service equipment